Thursday 8 December 2011

The Power of Networking

I had the pleasure of listening to and meeting Donna Messer November 6, 2011 at a Happen meeting in Mississauga. Donna is the Queen of Networking, Published Author, Coach and Trainer, Successful Entrepreneur, and Owner of ConnectUs Canada. Donna enlightened the audience with her networking skills that translate into visibility plus credibility which equals profit.


These words hold true in my career and I owe special thanks to those that helped along the way. Martin Buckland, Executive Career Management Services Professional at Elite Resumes and Executive Career Matchmaker, introduced me to Jacoline Loewen, Partner Loewen & Partners, who is an experienced corporate consultant, lecturer and writer of business strategy. Jacoline subsequently introduced me to Peter Ilnyckyj, Business Development Consultant with the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affaires, who is working with a new venture start-up in Toronto for the dairy sector. Subsequent meetings with this company has led me to part-time work at the executive level helping to complete their business plans.
Networking truly is rewarding and I thank Martin, Jacoline, Peter and Donna for making a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment